This is a twist on a classic and doesn’t really need a recipe. Minty apple lemonade is a perfect companion to a sunny and warm day. The mix of flavours also makes it a good pairing with a simple supper like this one.
If you have some apple juice sitting in the fridge, do give this a try. The lemon, mint and the sugar really jazz up plain old juice.
What you need:
300 mls unsweetened or fresh apple juice
1.5 tablespoons sugar
juice of 1 large lemon
10-12 mint leaves, roughly torn
Putting it together:
1. With a mortar and pestle, crush the mint leaves and sugar together.
2. Add this to the apple juice. Mix in the lemon juice.
3. Stir well. Pour into a large glass and add ice cubes (optional).
4. Sip slowly and watch the world go by.
1. I used cloudy, unsweetened apple juice.
2. The sugar you need will vary depending on the apple juice you use. Start with less – you can always add more sugar.