I’ve been sent some sunshine by Shalini the blogger behind Tale of Two Tomatoes. (Thanks Shalini! And apologies too, this has been long overdue)
It’s a grey and wet day here today so thank you for the warmth that the Sunshine Award brings with it. :) I’m very touched.
If any of you are hankering after Iddiyappams or Kottayam fish curry or Pongal Payasam head over to Tale of Two Tomatoes and discover these and other gems from Shalini’s Keralite kitchen.
So what is this Sunshine Award? Here are the rules. All but the last are easy to follow.
Rules Of The Sunshine Award
• Display the award on your blog.
• Show your gratitude and link back to the person who nominates you with the award.
• Nominate up to 10 of your favourite deserving “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
• Link the nominees in your post and let them know they have been awarded.
• Write 10 interesting things about yourself.
A few of my favourite bloggers are listed here. These are blogs that I keep going back to to discover interesting ideas or perspectives and I always come away with a big smile on my face. So in no particular order, here they are.
1. Shailaja V from Diary of a Doting Mom: Shailaja’s blog has become my go-to parenting site for her wisdom and for the fun ways in which she is bringing up little miss G.
2. Vidya Sury from vidyasury.com : I head to Vidya’s blog when I’m feeling a little low and need a pick me up. She has never failed me!
3. Cristina Trinidad from Filling my Prayer Closet : Cristina writes on religion, family ties and relationships, all peppered with some fabulously real pics. All I will say is that it makes for a pretty compelling read. Head over to find out for yourself.
4. Corinne Rodrigues from EverydayGyaan : Corinne, I think, is a mind reader. Motivation, inspiration and a reality check – I find all this and more at Corinne’s blog when I need it the most.
5. Sunila Vig’s posts on yoga, meditation and living a peaceful life really resonated with me during the A-Z Challenge. You can find her at Between you and me.
6. Tulika Singh from ObsessiveMom : Love reading? Would you like to know a little more about the men and women behind the literary works you love? Meet them on Tulika’s blog.
7. Kajal Kapur – For me, Kajal’s Movie Massala is my imdb and movie wiki rolled into one. Nuff said!
8. Eli E Zachariadis from Expatliv – armchair traveling with a special Mumbai bias, makes me love her blog even more.
And now, as per the rules, here are a few things you may not know about me.
1. I’ve done the world’s highest bungee jump.
2. I can’t ride a bicycle. (Yes, it’s true.)
3. I love dark chocolate.
4. Wine makes me sick.😦
5. I’d rather wash the floors and do the dishes than iron clothes or sew buttons.
6. My favourite way to relax is through yoga and of course, pottering around the kitchen.
7. I used to read 3-4 books a week until I became a mommy. Now I read 3-4 pages per day.
That’s quite enough about me. Go on and explore the wonderful blogs I’ve listed above. You can thank me later.