Yes, it’s true. These cookies practically make themselves – with a little help from their friends.
You may also know them as meringues. Tiny, sweet morsels of delight that melt away on your tongue and make you wonder whether you actually ate them. And that makes you reach for another and yet another…naughty and addictive..and here they are.
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup caster sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to Gas 4 (350 F).
2. Beat the egg whites with the salt until they turn foamy.
3. Add in the sugar, a little at a time and continue beating till you get stiff peaks.
4. Gently add in the vanilla and fold in the walnuts.
5. Using a tablespoon, gently drop these in small mounds onto a parchment lined baking tray.
6. Put the trays in and switch off the oven. Leave the cookies inside overnight. They will cool and turn crisp.
7. Store in airtight containers.