If you like PB&J sandwiches, this cookie is right up your street. That’s right, these are Peanut Butter Jammie Dodgers.
An American slant on a very British cookie!
1 quantity Basic Vanilla Cookie dough
2 tablespoons smooth Peanut butter
2 tablespoons Raspberry Jam
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1. Make the cookie dough as per the instructions in the Basic Vanilla Cookie Dough recipe. Chill the discs of dough in the fridge for an hour or two.
2. Using cookie cutters dipped in flour, cut out the shapes you want. You will need an even number of cookies to make Jammie Dodgers since these are essentially sandwich cookies. I used a large cookie cutter and then a smaller one to cut out the circles for the cookie rings on top.
3. Bake cookies in a preheated oven at Gas 4 (350 F) as per instructions in the Basic Vanilla Cookie Dough recipe. Once the cookies are done, keep aside to cool.
4. Heat the raspberry jam so that you get the consistency of thick honey. Keep aside. ( It is easier to pipe or spread this on to the cookies rather than straight of out of the jar.)
5. Once the cookies are cool, slather the peanut butter generously over the base cookie. Pipe or drop half a teaspoon of jam on to the centre of the peanut butter. (I prefer to add the jam before placing the second cookie on top to avoid jam smudges. )
5. Dust some powdered sugar over the cut out rings.
6. Sandwich the cookies together and have yourself a Jammie Dodgers afternoon.