Think deconstructed guacamole and combine that with crispy toasts. Bruschetta heaven!
It’s so simple it doesn’t really need a recipe. Just throw in the ingredients in the quantities you like to get the taste you want!
1 Avocado, roughly mashed with a fork
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 a green chilli, chopped fine
a few stalks of coriander, chopped fine
1/4 teaspoon, freshly milled pepper
1/2 teaspoon, sea salt flakes
3-4 small tomatoes, sliced
1/4 onion, finely sliced
1 small pod of garlic
1 baguette, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat the oven to Gas 5 for 5 minutes.
2. Rub the garlic pod onto slices of the baguette. Drizzle on some olive oil. Keep aside.
3. Mix together the avocado, pepper, lemon juice, chilli, coriander and pepper. Keep aside.
4. Pop the baguette into the oven until the slices are nicely toasted and turning slightly golden. Pull them out of the oven and let cool slightly.
5. Layer on the avocado mix and tomato slices. Add the chopped onion. Finally, top it off with some sea salt.
Serve immediately and enjoy the explosion of textures and tastes as you pop them in your mouth!