This luscious Raspberry Crush Cheesecake from BBC Good Food makes the most of the raspberry season. And if you love Baked Cheesecakes, this one’s a winner!
I tweaked the recipe slightly as you will see below.
- 8 ginger biscuits
- 50g butter , melted
- 600g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium egg plus 1 yolk
- 142ml natural yogurt
- 300g raspberries
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C or gas 4.
- Crush the ginger biscuits in a food processor.
- Mix the crushed biscuits with 50g melted butter. Press into a 20cm springform tin and bake for 5-7 minutes, then cool.
- Beat the cream cheese with the flour, sugar, vanilla extract, 2 eggs, 1 yolk and yogurt until light and fluffy. Stir in 100 gms of the raspberries and pour into the tin. Bake for 40 minutes and then check, it should be set but slightly wobbly in the centre. Leave in the tin to cool.
- Add another 100 gms of the raspberries to a pan with the icing sugar. Heat until juicy and then squash with a fork. When cool, pour over the cheesecake.
- Use the rest of the 100 gms raspberries to top the cheesecake.
- Pop into the fridge to cool.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
What did you think? I would love to know. Pop me your comments below!
Notes: The original BBC Good Food recipe can be found at this link – http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3842/baked-raspberry-cheesecake#